In 2003, SAF Industries, LLC – a private company acquired Gar Kenyon and moved the facility from New Haven, CT to Naugatuck, CT where it operates from a 44,000 square foot facility. This facility houses our local management team, our engineering team as well as our manufacturing operations. In order to ensure the highest quality and delivery standards, Gar Kenyon manufactures over 75% of its products on site.Gar-Kenyon’s lean manufacturing processes and dedicated, innovative engineering staff will compliment any aircraft manufacturers’ requirements for a low cost, high quality, and top performing hydraulic and pneumatic components.
Gar Kenyon manufacturing engineers optimize productivity by utilizing state of the art computer aided manufacture (CAM) software to leverage existing design data in the manufacturing process.
Machine Shop Capabilities include primary and secondary equipment as follows:
(2) Mori-Seiki CNC lathes with bar feeders
(2) Okuma CNC Milling Centers
(3) Okuma CNC Lathes with live tooling capacity
(1) Ikega CNC lathe with live tooling capacity
(1) Sunnen hones
(4) Bridgeport milling machines
(4) Hardinge lathes
(1) Surface Grinders & Manual deburring & polishing stations